Faculty of Engineering was founded on June 3, 1970 with the purpose to create qualified engineers who have appropriate knowledge and skill for the engineering profession, with the target of development our country. According to the policies of Chiang Mai University and government, our faculty aims to conducting researches and providing community’s services.
The Faculty of Engineering consists of 7 departments and the establishment of departments offer 8 bachelor’s degree programs (B.Eng.) , 7 Master’s degree programs (M.Eng.), and 2 Doctoral degree programs (Ph.D.)
- The Department of Civil Engineering (founded in 1970) offers in B.Eng and M.Eng. in curriculum of Structural Engineering, Construction Management Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Water Resource Engineering and Survey Engineering.
- The Department of Electrical Engineering (founded in 1975) offers in B.Eng., M.Eng., and Ph.D. in curriculum of Electrical Power Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, and Electronic and Control System Engineering
- The Department of Mechanical Engineering (founded in 1977) offers in B.Eng., M.Eng., and Ph.D. in curriculum of Mechanical System, Control System, Power Plant, Air Conditioning Energy Engineering, Farm Power and Machinery, Post Harvest, Heat Processing and Air-Conditioning and Soil and Water Engineering. Moreover, This Department also offers M.Eng. Programme in Energy Engineering and Agricultural Engineering.
- The Department of Environmental Engineering (founded in 1977) offers in B.Eng and M.Eng. in curriculum of Water Engineering, Waste Water Engineering, Solid Waste Management , Industrial Pollution Control and Environmental Impact Assessment.
- The Department of Mining and Petroleum (founded in 1982) offers in B.Eng and M.Eng. in curriculum of Mine Surveying, Mine Design, Ore Purification, Rock Structure and Mine Management Engineering.
- The Department of Industries Engineering (founded in 1982) offers B.Eng and M.Eng. mainly in Production, Management, Metallurgy and General Industrial Engineering. The department has also been certified by the ISO 9002 quality standard in the provision of academic and education services.
- The Department of Computer Engineering (founded in 1992) offers B.Eng. mainly in Microprocessor System Design and Digital Circuits, Computer System Design and Interfacing Devices, Computer Networks and Operating Systems, Computer-based Automatics Control Systems and Design and Development of System Software.